Fatwa Ramdani was born in Balikpapan, Indonesia, on June 19. He received the B.Sci degrees in Geography (Remote Sensing and GIS Application in Earth and Land Observation) from University of Indonesia, Depok, Indonesia, in 2007. Master of Science degree in Geo-environmental Science from Tohoku University, Japan in 2011 and Integrated Doctoral Program degree in Geo-environment (Land Assessment and Evaluation towards environmental Sustainability) Tohoku University, Japan in 2014. From 2007 to 2009, he was active in Geo-spatial work in Indonesia as Geo-spatial Manager, with the Indonesian Governmental Agency or with Non-Government Organization. His main interests include the remote sensing of vegetation, analysis of land use land cover changes and the process behind, unmanned aerial vehicle for aerial photogrammetry, and land evaluation and assessment for land sustainability. In June 2010 he was awarded as the best presenter in International Geo-science Conference, Bulgaria, Europe. He is member of Tohoku Geographical Association, Japan Geoscience Union, International Society for Optics and Photonics, Association of American Geographer (AAG), and IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society.
On weekends he usually go sightseeing to places of historic and or places that have beautiful natural scenery around the Tohoku Region, Japan as an act of gratitude for all the blessings from ALLAH SWT.
1. Transformations for More Easily Interpreted than the Original Data (data fusion between SPOT and Landsat Imagery). Desember, 2007
3. The Advantages of SPOT5 for Land Use And Urban Mapping at Scale 1:20.000. Study Case: Indragiri Hulu Regency, Riau Province (Published at The 4th International Conference “Earth from Space – the most Effective Solutions”. MOSCOW. DECEMBER, 1-3, 2009. RUSSIA. Published and Presented in oral session at Symposium of Science, Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University, SENDAI, FEBRUARY 16, 2010. JAPAN) –>> Paper on this link
4. Sub-Urban Growth Impact in The Wetland Environment. Case Study: Rawa Danau Nature Reserve (Published and Presented in oral session THE 10th ANNIVERSARY INTERNATIONAL GEOCONFERENCE SGEM 2010, INTERNATIONAL MULTIDISCIPLINARY SCIENTIFIC GEO-CONFERENCE & EXPO. Modern Management of Mine Producing, Geology
5. Wetland environmental degradation; Analysis on impact of land use land cover change in the rawa danau nature reserve, vegetation respond and hydrological vulnerability. International Conference in Environmental Change and Migration. September 2010, German
6. Monitoring of Changes in Land Use due to Development of Plantation in Indonesia under Economic Globalization. Published and Presented in oral RS/GIS session in The 5th Japan-Korea-China Joint Conference on Geography, 7-10 November 2010, Sendai, Japan
8. Lecturing on Satellite Imagery Processing and GIS based on Internet and Opensource Software. Presented in oral session. IGARSS 2011 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium. 24-29 July 2011, Vancouver, Canada
9. Study on Surface Energy Balance Using 8-Band High Resolution Optical Sensing; Optimizing Ilwis 3.7.1 Open Source Software. IGARSS 2011 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium. 24-29 July 2011, Vancouver, Canada
10. Multi-Angle Worldview-2 Imagery Data Fusion for A Better Urban Vegetation Extraction. Data Fusion Session, IGARSS 2011 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium. 24-29 July 2011, Vancouver, Canada
11. Comparing Lineaments Extraction from ALOS and Landsat Images for Supporting Exploration of Geothermal Field in Indonesia. IGARSS 2012 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium. 22-28 July 2012, Munich, Germany
12. Analyzing Variety of Vegetation Indices Values Using Different Methods for Mapping Oil Palm Closed-Canopy Composition In Southern Riau Province, Indonesia. IGARSS 2012 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium. 22-28 July 2012, Munich, Germany
13. Combining remote sensing information and policy changed to monitor oil palm expansion in tropical country, Indonesia. GCOE Symposium 2012. Achievements of G-COE Program for Earth and Planetary Dynamics and the Future Perspective. 25-28 September 2012, Sendai, Japan
17. Monitoring large scale-oil palm plantation expansion in eastern Indonesia. (6th Tohoku Symposium of Science, February 21st, 2013)